Saturday 7 May 2011

The Power of a Good Advert

Now, I'm no expert of advertising/marketing. Whether it be on TV or printed, I can appreciate the effectiveness or the wonderful job of filling commercial time with a good advert.

Imagine one day you step out to put the rubbish out and you find a hobo raiding the trash...problem solved! Instead you have paper hobo to remind you to donate, and real hobo will never come forth seeking the fruits of your waste. This ingenius advert completely hit home, I would probably not donate straight away as a result of the advert, but it would keep me thinking and eventually....who knows?

For me, the best ad I have seen in a long time hit the TV screens at some point last year:
The creativity in thought, the soundtrack...a hot girl (for good measure) had me just want to watch the ad any time it came on. I never signed up for the service, but how do you measure a good advertising campaign? The increase in revenue or the increase in company profile?

So anyway, my appreciation doesn't run into the millions with regards to adverts....but the best advert of all time for me, the famous Nike advert featuring the Samba stars of the recent past, and the instantly associated soundtrack of Brazilian football.
Not everyone will agree with me, but that advert features 'Il Fenomino' Ronaldo and this my house!

So this was my first ever blog post, so it will be rusty...practice makes perfect, so let's see how the skills as a writer/blogger potentially develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment