Thursday 25 August 2011

The Body Beautiful?

So I watched a TV show today which followed a woman with body issues following women who also have body issues.

Women come in many shapes and sizes, as anyone will know. We have a range of sizes from the size-zero’s to what one would consider ‘plus-size’. 

So this woman followed a group of girls which consisted of girls that all looked like your average girl next door, not a single one was over a size 12 and they all wanted some form of surgery to fix them. Not just their body, but their faces too!



Skinny girls felt that their hips were too wide, when in fact they were well proportioned. Another girl felt her butt wasn’t big enough.


The main talk of this show was that they feel pressured by the media to be a certain size, and shape. However, it depends on which type of media you follow. From first hand I know hip-hop encourages a more curvaceous woman, whereas the fashionista’s encourage the size-zero sack of bones look. 

[My definition of body beautiful...nothing too big or too small]

Now I’ll conclude…there is not a type of body that men prefer, just work out and be healthy! Accept yourself if you cannot be thin like Kate Moss, or if you can’t drop lower than Nigella Lawson who openly eats but looks incredibly healthy!

Now on to us men….i feel we have a lot of issues!

 [Men seriously put the hours in...is this media influence as well?]

Women want a man with big arms, shoulders, thin waist…in fact they want a 6 pack. Speaking to women in person I know that my description above is not what every woman wants. I speak to some who want some bulk and fat on their man…yes I am as confused as you are! They will still wolf whistle when a 6-pack is exposed in-front of their very eyes. 

But the description I gave is how I have grown up, I have developed this ideal body image which I attribute to what women automatically want in a man. No matter what I will always aim to be that ideal, however I am confident enough in my current state (skinny fat with toned upper back…hey that’s my best description!) to be able to take my top off.

The moral of my post…aim to be better, it would be unambitious and a waste for you to be content with the way you are. Being content encourages laziness. At the same time, be confident and don’t let your targets bring you down, be realistic with your target and embrace the journey on the road to reaching it. The more realistic you are, the more accepting and confident you will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment